Denon AVR-X2700H Review: The AV Receiver for the 8K entry
Denon AVR-X2700H receiver (that has also a DAB version) supplements the manufacturer’s 8K range with an entry-level model.
Unlike the other new AV receivers from this manufacturer (1), the Denon AVR-X2700H only supports 8K upscaling at a maximum of 30 Hz. This is an amplifier with 7.2 channels and 150 watts per channel. Support for Dolby Atmos, DTS: X and 8K / 60Hz, 4K / 120Hz Pass-Through, HDR10 +, Dynamic HDR, ALLM, Dolby Vision, and Dolby Atmos are also available and more. Of course, eARC is also on board.
HDR10 + was added to the Denon AVRs of 2020. The Denon AVR-X2700H is of course also ideally equipped for the latest game consoles thanks to 4K / 120 Hz, VRR, and ALLM. Spotify, TuneIn Internet Radio, Amazon Music HD, TIDAL, Deezer, and more are also compatible. The same also applies to Apple AirPlay 2 and of course Denon’s HEOS built-in for advanced multiroom setups.
With Dolby Atmos, Dolby Atmos Height Virtualization Technology, DTS: X and DTS Virtual: X, the receiver is certainly also suitable for entry-level setups with Dolby Atmos, at least up to 5.1.2 systems are possible. If you like, you can also access Amazon Alexa in connection with other compatible end devices, for example to adjust the volume, jump to the next track, switch media player inputs and more. However, an additional smart speaker is required for this. The Heos Home Entertainment Skill must also be installed. The Google Assistant is also tight in this way.
We have already reviewed the previous Denon model, but we are fascinated with the introduction of 8K support in this entry device.
Whose interest is aroused, however, has to wait a bit: The AVR will unfortunately not appear until September 2020. It should also be mentioned that it also has Bluetooth and can process ALAC, FLAC, and WAV with up to 24-bit / 192-kHz. It is also compatible with 2.8 / 5.6 MHz DSD files (DSD is SACD’s audio coding format). The measurement takes place via the Audyssey room calibration.
Below you will find the further technical data of the new Denon AVR-X2700H. The receiver will be available from September 2020 for 649 dollars. The DAB version is somewhat more expensive and comes on the market at the same time for 679 dollars.
Specifications Denon AVR-X2700H
- Number of power amplifiers 7
- Output power 150 watts per channel (6 ohms, 1 kHz, 1% clear, 1 channel)
- 95 watts per channel (8 ohms, 20Hz – 20kHz, 0.08% Clear, 2 channels)
- Output impedance 4-16 ohms
- Preamp section
- Input sensitivity 200 mV / 47k kOhm
- Frequency response 10Hz – 100kHz – +1, -3 dB (direct mode)
- Signal / noise ratio 100 dB (IHF-A weighted, direct mode)
- Eingänge HDMI x6, 8K HDMI x1, Component (Video) x2, Composite (Video) x2, Phono x1, Analog Audio x4, Digital Optisch x2, USB Front x1
- Outputs HDMI monitor (1x eARC) x2, 8K HDMI x2, component (video) x1, composite monitor x1, audio pre-out 0.2 channel, zone 2 (pre-out) x1, headphones x1, Ethernet x1, microphone connection x1. FM / AM antenna x1
- FM section reception range 87.5-107.9 MHz
- MW section reception range 520–1710 kHz
- Power supply 230V / 50 / 60Hz
- Power consumption 500W (standby 0.1W, CEC standby 0.5W)
- Power consumption when idle 35W (ECO mode on), 75W (ECO mode off)
- Dimensions (WxDxH) Without antenna: 434 x 330 x 167 mm
- Weight (kg) 9.5
- Price 649/679 (DAB) dollars
• Power: 7 x 150 W at 6 ohms, 7 x 95 W at 8 ohms
• Outputs: 2 HDMI 2.1 outputs (parallel), 1 Composite output, 1 YUV output, 1 Pre ‑ Out 2.0 output (zone 2), 2 subwoofer outputs, 1 headphone output, 7 pairs of pinching terminal blocks
• OSD functions
• UPnP Audio Gateway (DLNA) functions
• ALLM functions
• VRR functions
• QFT functions
• QMS functions
• Ultra HD 4K / 120 fps functions
• Ultra HD 8K / 60 fps functions
• FLAC HD compatibility
• DSD 2.8 / 5.6 MHz compatibility
• Wav compatibility
• Alac compatibility
• MP3 compatibility
• WMA compatibility
• AAC compatibility
• Dolby Atmos 3.2.2 Audio
• Audio DTS: X
• Dolby Atmos 5.2.2 Audio
• Audio Function Dolby Atmos Height Virtualizer
• Audio DTS Virtual: X
• Audio eARC Function
• Audio digital-to-analog converter 768 kHz / 32 bit
• Audio Processing Audyssey Dynamic Volume
• Audio Processing Audyssey Dynamic EQ
• Audio Automatic calibration Audyssey MultEQ XT
• HDR10 video
• HDR HLG video
• Dolby Vision HDR video
• BT.2020 Compatibility Video
• Ultra HD Pass-Trought Function Video
• 3D Ready video
• HDR10 + video
• Video Upscaling Function Ultra HD / 8K (24/25/30/60)
• Video Upscaling Function Ultra HD / 4K (24/25/30/60/120)
• IP Control Network
• Dual Band Wi-Fi network (2.4 / 5 GHz)
• AirPlay 2 network
• Bluetooth TX network
• Multimedia Google Assistant
• Amazon Alexa multimedia
• Apple Siri multimedia
• Hi-Res Audio Streaming via USB / network: yes
• Webradio (s): TuneIn
• Hi-Res Audio Certification
• HDCP 2.3 certification
• DAB + tuner
• Headphone output: yes
• Other (s): integrated Heos multiroom module
The Denon AVC-X6700H, AVC-X4700H, AVC-X3700H and AVR-X2700H (DAB) AV receivers use the latest HDMI technologies with a dedicated “8K” HDMI input for 8K / 60Hz and 4K / 120Hz video Pass-through and support for new HDR formats (including HDR10 + and Dynamic HDR).
The new HDMI function QMS (Quick Media Switching) also makes it possible to switch directly between different resolutions and frame rates without displaying a black screen.
The new Denon AV receivers also support HDR10, HLG (Hybrid Log Gamma), Dolby Vision, 4: 4: 4 Pure Color Subsampling and BT.2020 pass-through image formats. They are also able to scale existing HD and 4K content to 8K.